The VOCP pays up to $5,000 for a deceased victim’s funeral and burial expenses. The VOCP may reimburse any individual who pays funeral and burial expenses. The person responsible for paying for the victim's funeral arrangements should file the application for funeral and burial benefits. The VOCP cannot accept applications filed directly by a service provider such as a mortuary, funeral home, or cemetery.
Funeral Expenses Not Covered
Some funeral/burial expenses that are not reimbursable are:
- Costs of banquets or wake
- A pre-purchased funeral or grave
- Finance or interest charges
Funeral and Burial Service bills should be submitted with a VOCP Voucher Form and must contain:
- Victims/Applicants name and address
- Type(s) of service(s) provided
- Provider’s license number, federal tax identification number (FEIN or SSN), business address, telephone number, signature or signature stamp, and billing date
Payment of any bill submitted may be subject to verification by the victim or other independent verification prior to payment.